BRENNA TUAT'S SCHON LANG
Hubert von Goisern: Brenna tuat's schon lang - on DVD and Blu-ray!
The Salzburg Mountain Film Festival is celebrating its 25th anniversary from 14th to 25th November with a packed programme including films, lectures and interviews. On 20th November this includes another chance to see Brenna tuats schon lang on the big screen. Before the film Hubert will be talking to culture journalist Bernhard Flieher about his music and travels.
Brenna tuats schon lang
20th November 2018 at 20:15 – Das Kino Salzburg
Tickets & festival info at www.daskino.at
Since its release in April 2015, more than 73,000 people in the German-speaking region have seen Brenna tuat's schon lang, the documentary film directed by Marcus H. Rosenmüller on Hubert von Goisern's life as an artist, on the silver screen.
NEWS: On 14th April Brenna tuat's schon lang was honoured with the Romy Academy Award - the Austrian Film and Television Award - in the category Best Cinema Documentary! The film celebrated its TV premiere on ORF 2 on 1st May.
On 30th October Brenna tuat's schon lang was released on DVD and Blu-ray with extensive bonus material, some previously unreleased. In the first week, the DVD reached #2 in Austria and #8 in the German music DVD charts!
- Aufgeigen statt niederschiassen, Album presentation on the Dachstein 1992
- Yodelling 1993
- The Hubert von Goisern fashion collection "nicht aussaputzt" 1994
- On the road with the Alpinkatzen in New York 1994
- Treffpunkt Kultur Studio Talk & Kham Lu, music with Tibetans 1998
- Amadeus Awards 2001, admonishing the ORF
- Krippensteiner: Desert concert in Essakane, Mali 2005
- Now we're really off! Donauinselfest 2007
- Koa Hiatamadl with Zdob si Zdub in Moldova 2007
- Kohler with Marie Daulne 2008
- Solide Alm, Goisern concert 1993
- Kren & Speck, Goisern concert 1993
- Steirer / Schleininger, Goisern concert 1993
- Weit, weit weg, Goisern concert 1993
- Wildschütz-Räp, Goisern concert 1993
- Koa Hiatamadl, Goisern concert 1993
- Heast as nit, Goisern concert 1993
- 'S Büscherl, Trad concert 2004
- Abend spat, Trad concert 2004
- Schönberger, Trad concert 2004
- Subtitles: German and English
Hubert von Goisern: Brenna tuat's schon lang - coming in April 2015!
Hubert von Goisern has been playing European stages for a quarter of a century. As an innovator of folk music, someone who says no, someone who can't be pigeonholed. Consistent in his happy inconsistency. Hubert von Goisern is his own leitmotif, personally and musically.
With the release of his hit album EntwederUNDoder (2011) Hubert von Goisern became an established figure beyond just fans of alpine rock. His profound and critical lyrics were suddenly being heard by the mainstream. His hits were attaining cult status - in his homeland of Austria, as well as southern Germany.
And Hubert von Goisern doesn't keep still: while we take a look back at the whole picture, he's looking forward. Hubert von Goisern is touring with a live programme in 2015 too and on 8th May his new studio album Federn will be released. It is the tenth - and it's clear that he already has enough ideas for ten more.
His personal and artistic development between the highpoints of his career is largely unknown though. The question: "What has Hubert von Goisern done between his two big successes - Koa Hiatamadl and Brenna tuats guat?" forms the starting point for this comprehensive look at Goisern's exciting and unique artistic life.
A documentary film that comes unusually close to Goisern the man, but still allows for an objective, critical approach. A music film that brings homeland and abroad, past and present together with a common denominator.
Conversations with the main protagonists and his companions along the way form the parentheses to a narrative of the waypoints in this remarkable artist's development. The vivid, in some cases scarcely seen, archive material shows the artist and his creations.
Brenna tuat's schon lang is a film about breaks and changes of direction. And it is a film about his music.